Today we’re celebrating 20 years of Protiviti!
From our global reach, to our awards and accolades, to our ever-growing groups of people, we are so proud of everything our teams have accomplished over the last 20 years. To see how it’s unfolded thus far, expand our Protiviti timeline below and see key moments in our 20 year history.
Creation & Launch (2002 – 2003)
We created Protiviti with one mission: to constantly improve how businesses manage risk and develop deep competency in people which enhances their value.
2002 – With an agreement between Robert Half and Arthur Andersen, 760 employees, including 59 Andersen partners, Protiviti begins!
- June: Protiviti launches its “Say i to Protiviti” marketing campaign, stressing the importance of auditor independence.
Early Growth (2004 – 2007)
Our unique culture and commitment to one another fuels unprecedented growth in our geographical scale and offerings.
- December: Protiviti reaches new heights in global revenue. All employees around the world receive an iPod with a commemorative inscription.
- July: Protiviti acquires Lender Advisory Services practice from Philadelphia-based RSM McGladrey.
- February: Protiviti acquires Canada-based Creative Options and Radius, industry leaders in loss prevention and employee communication.
- December: Protiviti consolidates its public sector operations into wholly owned subsidiary Protiviti Government Services, which in turn acquires Alexandria-based Enspier Technologies for expanded IT offerings.
- Offices open in seven additional locations both internationally and within the US.
- April: Protiviti acquires PENTA and offers bankruptcy and restructuring services.
- May: Protiviti celebrates its five-year anniversary!
Recession & Repositioning (2008 – 2010)
Protiviti responds to the global recession by repositioning our brand, strategy and management structure. We successfully guide clients through this uncertain time.
- The global financial crisis hits, impacting businesses around the world. Protiviti begins issuing the “Financial Crisis Bulletin” to provide clients information and guidance related to the economic downturn.
- Protiviti is named by BusinessWeek as a “Best Place to Launch a Career” for the 3rd consecutive year.
- June: Cory Gunderson is the first Protiviti employee to be named to Consulting magazine’s ‘Top 25 Consultants’ list.
- June: Protiviti hosts it’s Intern Challenge in Orlando, FL for the first time!
- Protiviti China receives the “Most Trusted Internal Control Service Provider” Award from CFO World Magazine.
- Protiviti Japan receives the SAP Award of Excellence in the “SAP Business Objects GRC Award” category.
Resilience (2011 – 2015)
We recover from difficult times by doubling down on the resilience, character and the hard work of our people.
- Protiviti alum and Lady A band member, Dave Haywood returns to Protiviti to present a platinum record dedicated to Protiviti.
- Protiviti is named for the first time by Symplicity as one of the “Best Places to Work for Recent Grads”.
- May: Protiviti celebrates its 10-year anniversary!
- December: Protiviti acquires SusQtech to expand the firm’s SharePoint services.
- Protiviti is named as a “Top 100 Employer” by Diversity Employers.
- Named to Achievers “50 Most Engaged Workplaces”.
- Protiviti continues opening offices across the globe.
- July: First U.S. Intern Day of Service takes place in 25 locations across the country. The day totals 38,588 service hours, 47 of which come from the Houston office’s volunteer work assembling care packages for a military group serving in Afghanistan.
- September: Protiviti named a “Best Firm to Work For” by Consulting magazine!
- November: Protiviti launches global i on Hunger initiative to provide one million meals for those in need.
- March: Protiviti Named to the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the first time!
- June: President & CEO Joe Tarantino is named one of Glassdoor’s 50 Highest Rated CEOs.
- June: i on Hunger reaches initial goal of delivering one million meals to hungry people around the world ahead of plan!
- November: Protiviti acquires Decision First Technologies to expand its business intelligence and data analytics services.
Continued Expansion (2016 – 2017)
The speed of change and global geopolitical volatility presents us with opportunities to continue growth.
- March: Protiviti jumps up to #57 on Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list and is also named a “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for the second consecutive year!
- March: i on Hunger program surpasses the two-million meal mark at the Advanced Consulting Challenge in Scottsdale.
- October: Protiviti rolls out new brand identity including a new logo, color palette and tagline “Face the Future with Confidence”.
- Protiviti professionals honored with prestigious awards such as 2017 Provider Pro to Know (Tony Abel), Consulting magazine’s Rising Stars (Angelo Poulikakos and Kristin Forester) and 2017 Top 25 Consultants (Brian Christensen).
- February: Protiviti named to Fortune Magazine’s list of “Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services” for the second time!
- May: Our i on Hunger campaign exceeds goals and provides more than 4 million meals to the hunger!
The Road to Protiviti 2022 (2018 – 2019)
We embarked on our Protiviti 2022 strategy, a road map to increased innovation, a more empowered workforce and growing optimized enterprise capabilities.
- December: We begin the Gender Equality in Technology and IT (GET IT) Initiative, working with nonprofits, professional associations, and clients to diminish the barriers that women face when entering technology careers.
- March: We launch the Protiviti 2022 Strategy to keep up with our constantly changing workforce and realize our vision to be the most trusted global consulting firm. We hone in on our core values of innovation, inclusion, and integrity.
- July: The first two Protiviti innovation sites (iNNs) open in New York and Chicago. Employees become “residents” at iNNs, where they collaborate with clients to accelerate ideas and next-generation solutions.
- July: Protiviti introduces enhanced paid parental leave benefits in the U.S. – extended for up to 10 weeks – to bring these benefits more in line with similar global benefits. Alongside the Protiviti Parents Network, this offers new parents the flexibility and support they need to continue succeeding as professionals.
Protiviti One Office (2020 – present)
The COVID-19 pandemic unites us as one, operating in a virtual landscape that transcends traditional boundaries, sparks collaboration and strengthens client relationships.
- February: We enter into ambassador partnerships with professional golfers Matthew Fitzpatrick (PGA TOUR and European Tour) and Jennifer Kupcho (LPGA). In addition to bolstering the Protiviti brand, the golfers join in on our philanthropic efforts such as “i on Hunger.”
- March: We respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by quickly making our workforce remote and protecting employees from layoffs. COVID-19 doesn’t slow us down – we continue to launch global development initiatives, maintain our culture, ad provide uninterrupted service to our clients.
- April: We offer specially curated content from KnowledgeLeader to the business community for free to help counter the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- December: Our acquisition of the identity and access management from Identropy strengthens our ability to support clients with their cybersecurity needs.
- October: We launch VISION by Protiviti, our global content platform that brings together influential thinkers both from Protiviti and outside the firm. The platform leverages their wealth of knowledge to explore transformational ideas that will shape the future.
- November: Seramount, a leading researcher and champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, adds Protiviti to its “Top 75 Companies for Executive Women” list for the first time.
- April: Protiviti is ranked #15 on Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list – a list we’ve now made for 8 consecutive years.
- May: Twenty years after our founding, we reflect on the innovation, hard work, and values that got us here. And we look forward to leading in the marketplace of the future.
Cheers to our first 20 years!! We couldn’t have done it without our people and we look forward to celebrating with this amazing team!
Join Our Team
For meaningful career opportunities and open positions, visit Protiviti.com/careers.
Hear More from Our Team: #MyProtivitiStory
#MyProtivitiStory: We believe the best way to understand the core of who we are as an organization is through our people. These short videos are a reflection of our people’s stories and experiences.
To Learn More – Follow Us!
To learn more about our company culture, be sure to follow the hashtag, #LivingProtiviti, on your social platforms.