Throughout the month of November, we are posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet Jody-Ann Forrester-Small. Jody-Ann started her career at Protiviti in Philadelphia over two years ago, after graduating from Temple University with a Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology. She is currently an Experienced Consultant in our IT Consulting Security and Privacy practice.
When we had some time to connect with Jody-Ann, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “I was attracted to Protiviti through my friend Matthew who had interned here and had rave reviews about the culture and the amount of experience he gained. I was sold after watching a penetration test demo that was presented at an ACM meeting while I was a student on campus.”
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “I am excited by not only the challenges that arise with each engagement but the joy in knowing that I get to contribute to the greater good of our clients.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “The biggest challenge I have faced was the transition from college into the fast-paced environment of consulting.”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “As a member of the Protiviti Philadelphia lab, I see Protiviti acquiring a lot more talent and gaining a larger foothold in the Mobile Security and Code Review markets.”
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “If I tried to pinpoint one individual, I could get myself in trouble. I work with a talented group under the leadership of Michael Sviben. They have all taught me something different and for that I’m forever grateful.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “Outside of work I enjoy doing calligraphy, singing with my Acapella group Chosen and spending time with my family.”
Thanks Jody-Ann for being one of our Protiviti Women in IT spotlights! We appreciate your leadership and your valuable career and life insights.