Throughout the month of November, we are posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet An Yu. Eight years ago, An joined Protiviti and today is a Director in the IT Consulting practice with a focus on Security and Privacy Management for our Houston office. An joined Protiviti as an experienced hire after graduating from The University of Texas and now has over 15 years of relevant professional and consulting experience.
When we had some time to connect with An, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “The opportunity to work with smart people, and the continued career growth.”
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “My Security and Privacy focus crosses all industries and is ever-changing with the technologies that are introduced in the market. It is something that can be explained relatively easily, with the pervasiveness and media coverage on data and security breaches that continue to occur on a daily basis.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “Keeping current and ahead of the curve with all the new technology, breaches, and threats; understanding how certain products/practices might ultimately impact a client’s business; and being quick to have conversations with clients to share this knowledge.”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “With a much larger presence in the security space as it continues to evolve.”
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “All of my advisors, both formal and informal.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “Spending quality time with family–I have two children, Jacob (5), Kylie (4), a supportive husband, and lots of immediate family in Houston to visit with in my free time outside of work.”
Thanks An for being one of our Protiviti Women in IT spotlight professionals. We appreciate your life and career insights.