Throughout the month of November, we are posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet Holly Kalas. Holly is a Senior Consultant with Protiviti based out of our Los Angeles office. As a dual major graduate from the University of Arizona with a background in both Accounting and Management Information Systems, Holly started her career at Protiviti immediately after graduation. She has now spent almost four years growing her career within our IT Consulting practice.
When we had some time to connect with Holly, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “The people!”
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “It’s fascinating to see the variety of innovative technical solutions our clients have and how their IT environments differ across industries.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “IT changes so quickly, sometimes it’s hard to keep up with all the technologies out there. I’ll also state the obvious, there are overwhelmingly more men than women in this space…but that seems to be changing!”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “Our consulting practice seems to be growing, I’m hoping we can continue to help our clients with software selections and implementations in addition to IT audit work.”
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “Many people in the Los Angeles office have helped me along the way. I find it helpful to have both male and female mentors. A couple mentors specifically have provided advice and given me opportunities to work on an assortment of IT projects.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “I live close to the ocean and love spending time at the beach, reading, working out and cooking with friends.”
Thanks Holly for being one of our Protiviti Women in IT spotlight professionals. We appreciate your career and life insights.