Protiviti is excited to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month in the U.S., which kicks off today, September 15, and spans through October 15. This month is dedicated to celebrating and highlighting Latin/Hispanic Americans and the contributions they and their families have made to this country throughout history.
During this month, we recognize the distinct cultures, influences, and histories of Hispanic and Latin Communities. Protiviti’s Latin/Hispanic Employee Network Group (LHENG) in collaboration with our parent company Robert Half’s Somos Familia Employee Network Group are partnering on a variety of activities in recognition of National Hispanic Heritage Month. Our employees will have access to panels, webinars, and events all month long that teach, inspire, and celebrate our Latin and Hispanic teammates and their cultures.
At Protiviti, one of the ways we acknowledge our Hispanic and Latin employees is through our commitment to knowledge sharing and partnership with the Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA). ALPFA was the first national Latino professional association in the United States, established in Los Angeles in 1972. Throughout the last 50 years of steady growth and consistent value, ALPFA continues to build upon its proud legacy with a mission: To empower and develop Latino men and women as leaders of character for the nation, in every sector of the global economy. Protiviti is proud to partner with ALPFA to provide professional developing and networking opportunities, resources, and support to join the organization in achieving their mission.
Susan Haseley, EVP of Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion shared a message to our employees this week: “I want to emphasize our commitment to the Hispanic and Latin community. We continue to enhance our partnership with ALPFA, increase our focus on recruiting, retention and promotion efforts and support for community outreach. These efforts help drive the diversity of our firm and enable us to live our value of inclusion. As always, thank you for continuing to listen, learn, and most importantly, engage. Your continued support of our DEI efforts makes Protiviti a great place to work for all!”
How We’ll Celebrate
Take a look at what’s in store at Protiviti as we honor this month through learning and festivities!
- Hispanic Empowerment with Keynote Speaker Claudia Romo Edelman
- Claudia Romo Edelman is the founder of We Are All Human, a non-profit organization whose mission is to advocate for every human to be respected and empowered by focusing on our common humanity. Joining us for this fireside chat are Hispanic and Latin leaders from both Protiviti and Robert Half.
- Afro-Latino Presentation – A Chronicle of Discovery, Ancestry, Rhythms, and Identity
- Protiviti Employee Network Groups LHENG and BEING are partnering with Robert Half groups to host a presentation about the discovery of the Americas and the diverse ethnic groups that explored the area which shaped the identity of the people which is expressed in the rhythms we hear in music and see in dances today.
- Somos Familia/LHENG Trust Fall
- The Trust Fall Series is a cycle of open conversations that are held monthly that focus on topics that impact the Hispanic/Latin community and celebrate what brings us together, creating the beautiful tapestry that is our Familia.
- Building Generational Wealth: Real Estate Webinar
- A licensed Real Estate Broker will host an interactive discussion on how to build generational wealth through home ownership and real estate, challenges for underrepresented communities, what to know as a renter or first-time home buyer, investing, and more.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Book Club
- Members of LHENG and Somos Familia are partnering to read and discuss the book “Dominicana” over the next two months.
Join Our Team
For meaningful career opportunities and open positions, visit Protiviti.com/careers.
Hear More from Our Team: #MyProtivitiStory
#MyProtivitiStory: We believe the best way to understand the core of who we are as an organization is through our people. These short videos are a reflection of our people’s stories and experiences.
To Learn More – Follow Us!
To learn more about our company culture, be sure to follow the hashtag, #LivingProtiviti, on your social platforms.