Twice a year we take some time to celebrate and recognize our colleagues that were recently promoted into a new role. These exciting career milestones are a big part of each employee’s Protiviti journey and a momentous accomplishment. Throughout the remainder of this month, we are going to spotlight a few of these individuals. Next up in our #ProtivitiPromos series is Abida from Dallas!
- Years at Protiviti: “A year and a half.”
- Path to Protiviti: “I graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a BBA in Finance and minor in MIS. After graduation, I worked for General Mills as a financial analyst at their corporate headquarters in Minneapolis. I later moved back to Texas and began working for Protiviti in February 2016.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus: “I work in Business Performance Improvement.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “I thoroughly enjoy the people I work with and the relationships I’ve built here at Protiviti.”
- Who has contributed to your success or been a mentor to you during your Protiviti career? “Protiviti does a great job in providing formal mentors such as career and peer advisors which have all played a role in my career growth. It has been just as important to make informal mentors, such as my BPI project managers, who have been instrumental to my professional development.”
- What advice would you give to younger consultants on how to progress their careers?: “Set goals and be vocal about those goals and how you seek to achieve them. Continue to build your professional network ”
..So what did Abida’s career advisor, Protiviti Director Eric, have to say?
Abida has been an excellent addition to the Business Performance Improvement (BPI) team in Dallas! Over the past couple of years, she has demonstrated that she is a team player and is very committed to her career development. She consistently seeks more challenging projects and is very capable of stepping into a variety of roles on our BPI engagements. Her promotion to Senior Consultant reflects the quality and value she brings to our solution and the appreciation that our leadership team has of her performance and capabilities. I am excited to have Abida as part of our team and look forward to continuing to support her career development.