Twice a year we take some time to celebrate and recognize our colleagues that were recently promoted into a new role. These exciting career milestones are a big part of each employee’s Protiviti journey and a momentous accomplishment. Throughout the remainder of this month, we are going to spotlight a few of these individuals. Next up in our #ProtivitiPromos series is Salima from Charlotte!
- Years at Protiviti: “2 years in November!”
- Path to Protiviti: “Prior to Protiviti I worked at Citibank for 4 years in various compliance roles. I was primarily focused on Anti-Money Laundering in Tampa, FL.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus: “I work in Risk and Compliance with a focus on Anti-Money Laundering.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about what I have enjoyed about building my career at Protiviti are the people I have met along the way. I have had the opportunity to work with some amazing people who have all been very encouraging and supportive of my growth and experience at the firm. Additionally, I could not have asked for a better office than the Charlotte office to start my Protiviti career. The sense of family and camaraderie within the Charlotte office makes it so easy to call home. I also enjoy having the opportunity to work with various clients and being able to apply my prior experience to assist with their needs.”
- Who has contributed to your success or been a mentor to you during your Protiviti career? “There are so many individuals and leaders within the company that have contributed to my success in one way or another. Being from industry with no experience in consulting, my career advisor Brendan, assisted me in making the transition smoothly. Additionally, my mentor Juan, who has also been my manager on various projects, has put me in positions to succeed by being available to answer questions and providing perspective.”
- What advice would you give to younger consultants on how to progress their careers?: “My advice to younger consultants is to seek opportunities by reaching out to individuals within the firm. Ask questions about our solutions and seek advice on communicating with clients.”
..So what did career advisor Brendan have to say about Salima?
“Salima came to Protiviti with a solid background in banking and anti-money laundering (AML). Since she started with us, she has proven time and again to be a reliable team leader on demanding AML projects, as well as a trustworthy mentor and source of AML knowledge for the other consultants on her projects. Salima’s promotion to manager is not only well-deserved, but just the beginning of the next phase of her bright career to come.”