Twice a year we take some time to celebrate and recognize our colleagues that were recently promoted into a new role. These exciting career milestones are a big part of each employee’s Protiviti journey and a momentous accomplishment. Throughout the remainder of this month, we are going to spotlight a few of these individuals. Next up in our #ProtivitiPromos series is Rohan from San Francisco!
- Years at Protiviti: “3 years.”
- Path to Protiviti: “I interned at Protiviti in 2013 while getting an MBA and MS in Engineering Management at Cal Poly SLO. I started full time after graduation.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus: “I work in ERP Solutions. My main industry experience is in manufacturing and biotechnology / pharmacy.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “I enjoy the different projects and people I get to work with (both within Protiviti and at clients), as well as the different skill-sets I’ve been able to develop through project work. I also like that travel has been a part of my job. I’ve been lucky enough to go to some cool places through work, including Monterrey, Hong Kong, Beijing, and several US cities.”
- What advice would you give to younger consultants on how to progress their careers?: “Don’t say no to anything early in your career. Try different things to find out what you like and then pursue those areas deeper. Don’t be shy about letting your mentors and talent management team know about the areas you’re passionate about and want to pursue. On projects, always be thinking about what you can do to not only meet your stated objectives, but also go above and beyond to provide exceptional service to your clients.”
..but what does Rohan’s career advisor, Senior Manager Ashay, have to say?
“Rohan has been my mentee since his undergrad internship days with Protiviti. He has grown in his consultant role over the years, and has shown tremendous application of knowledge and industry best practices, from very early on. He has carved out a niche for himself particularly in the SAP GRC space and I am not surprised at the promotion. Clients love Rohan and he is an asset to our Bay Area practice. I am proud of you and good luck!”