Here at Protiviti, we believe in the power of a strong mentor. Someone who can help shape and guide your career, be your advocate and cheerleader for those big professional goals, and act as a role model to craft your professional story. That’s why each of our campus hires, including our interns, receives multiple mentors at different levels within the company.
This week, we are celebrating our Executive Advisors and the role they play in our interns’ experience. Next up in our series is Trey!
- Years at Protiviti – “9+ years, I started in September 2006.”
- Path to Protiviti – “I received an undergraduate degree in Management from Stetson University in 1993 and then completed a graduate degree for a Masters in Computer Information Systems from Georgia State University in 1998. In 1996 I started a private boutique technology consulting firm, Soltech Inc., with 2 partners and worked as the Vice President of Technology until 2005. From there I transitioned into the Vice President of Technology at PrimeCare Technologies before coming to Protiviti.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus – “I work in IT Consulting with a focus on Technology, Strategy & Operations.”
- Why is being a mentor important to you? – “I love helping people, early on in their careers, navigate the challenges that they are facing.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have had as a mentor or mentee? – “Seeing a manager on my team (one of my mentees) present in front of Senior Executives at a client with complete confidence.”
- What is one piece of advice you’d give our interns? – “If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re probably in the wrong room. Surround yourself with bright, capable people and learn as much as you can. Your growth will be limitless.”