Here at Protiviti, we believe in the power of a strong mentor. Someone who can help shape and guide your career, be your advocate and cheerleader for those big professional goals, and act as a role model to craft your professional story. That’s why each of our campus hires, including our interns, receives multiple mentors at different levels within the company.
This week, we are celebrating our Executive Advisors and the role they play in our interns’ experience. Next up in our series is Jason!
- Years at Protiviti – “14 years in September.”
- Path to Protiviti – “I graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelors of Science in Accounting. I worked at Arthur Andersen for 6 years in the Woodland Hills and Sacramento, California offices.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus – “I work in Internal Audit Financial Advisory with a focus on consumer products and services.”
- Why is being a mentor important to you? – “I enjoy the opportunity to give back something that I have enjoyed throughout my career – impactful mentoring.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have had as a mentor or mentee? – “As a first year staff at Andersen, I received a personal note from the office managing partner, thanking me for my contributions to the engagement. I’ll never forget what that “recognition” meant to me at that time in my career.”
- What is one piece of advice you’d give our interns? – “Similar to sports, the more you put into this internship, the more impactful it will be for you. We had an intern a few years ago that asked to take an increased role, including maintaining and generating the client deliverable. There was involvement at the manager and above levels throughout the engagement (we followed the Protiviti Way!), however, this intern owned the report, and ultimately, helped generate the final deliverable for the client. Take some risk – stretch yourself, and the result – an incredible experience as part of Team Protiviti.”