At Protiviti, everyone has the potential to be a champion. A champion is an employee who serves as a role model or advocate for an initiative within the organization. Through our champions, we have been able to strengthen our connections to one another, to work more effectively, build a better culture and do work that is meaningful. Our champions are part of the reason Protiviti is truly a great place to work.
Being a champion is a source of pride for our people, and it is a clear way to have an impact. Take Chip as an example.
Protiviti Champions Spotlight: Chip
- Years at Protiviti– “I have been with Protiviti for nine years.”
- Path to Protiviti– “I started as an intern in 2006 and then converted to full time after graduating from Miami University in 2007.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus – “IT Consulting Security & Privacy focusing on Payment Card Industry and Healthcare information security.”
- What is your role as a champion? – “I lead Protiviti Chicago’s ITC Resourcing, Operations and Recruiting committee… or “ROaR” as we like to refer to ourselves.”
- Why is that role important to you? Protiviti?– “People always says it’s the people and culture that make Protiviti great. One of our jobs as a committee is to figure out how we support our recruiting teams in bringing great talent to Protiviti, and, once those people are here, how do we track what makes them great (in terms of skills and capabilities). We develop ways to better communicate this inventory of skills to management to enable meaningful and fulfilling project assignments. This helps our people feel the excitement of working on the things they know best and develop the talents they want to focus on, and it gives our teams the opportunity to provide memorable experiences to clients through exceptional delivery and service.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have experienced as a champion?– “I’m very proud of how we’ve adapted our campus recruiting strategy in some offices to enable what I’ll call “rapid recruiting”. This process is where we meet someone at a Career Fair, interview them in person the next day, invite them to one of our offices for a visit (with a group representing our staff and management) and then we make them an offer. This happens in less than nine calendar days. The results have been stunning when we fully immerse candidates in the Protiviti culture. The impression is so powerful that we’ve had a nearly 100% offer acceptance rate since our inception of this recruiting style.”
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish in your role as a champion?– “I want our Resourcing process (i.e. how we manage identifying talent in our people and how that talent is matched on appropriate projects) to be a source of pride in our firm as well as our competition. It should be sustainable and providing up-to-date information. Everyone loves visibility and feeling like they are in control of their careers. The ROaR team has big goals and I’m hoping we develop some meaningful recommendations that help us achieve our goals.”