Throughout the month of January, we have been spotlighting professionals who have been recently promoted through our “Protiviti Promos” series. A career promotion is a testament to an individual’s hard work and success. On this final day of our series, what does success look like at Protiviti? Let’s meet Kelley.
Protiviti Promotion Spotlight: Kelley
- Years at Protiviti: “It will be 4 years in April!”
- Path to Protiviti: “I graduated from University of Northwestern (UNW) in St. Paul, MN with a degree in International Business. Following graduation, I worked at an international leadership development organization based in Atlanta, GA. While there, I was part of the PMO function, launching and supporting country-specific leadership development programs around the world. Following my time there, I spent a year teaching English at a local school in China. I was the point person responsible for managing the English curriculum and classes at my school, which helped me learn a lot about Chinese culture. It was a great experience. After returning home, I spent a brief period doing freelance consulting for organizations looking to integrate Chinese cultural training into their processes. After exploring consulting, I knew that is what I was looking for long-term. I connected with alumni of UNW working at Protiviti, and before long I had joined the team in Minneapolis.”
- Current Area of Focus: “I have had a great variety of experiences across solutions, but my focus is Internal Audit and Financial Advisory.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “As someone who likes learning, variety, and new challenges, I’ve appreciated the very different types of projects I have been able to work on. Additionally, I can’t speak highly enough of our team in Minneapolis. Our Managing Directors really care about our people, and it is great to work in a place where the leadership is invested in their team’s growth and career progression.”
- Who has played a critical role in your development and how? “My Career Advisor, Jeremiah (Associate Director), and my Executive Advisor, Miron Marcotte (Managing Director), have both played a big role in my development at Protiviti. They have helped me pursue the type of work I’m interested in and make sure I have opportunities to learn and grow on my projects.”
- What inspires you outside of work? “As my path to Protiviti shows, I really enjoy travel and experiencing other cultures. I recently returned from a sabbatical during the fall of 2015. During my two months off, I visited ten countries in Europe. Highlights of my trip included hiking in the Alps, seeing historical sites across Europe, and seeing the Queen in London. You can get a glimpse of my trip from my photo book (http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/europe-2015-12646168?vk=mK4wXkUjgU).”
- How are you celebrating or commemorating this important career milestone? “Given that I just returned from my Europe trip, not doing anything too notable. Looking forward to the new year in my new role!!”
Congratulations to Kelley and to all our #ProtivitiPromos! Now bring on February!