Hard to believe, but we are nearing the end of January and our month of celebrating individuals who were recently promoted to new career levels across the organization. Throughout January, we have put a spotlight on many of those professionals through a “Protiviti Promos” series to celebrate this career milestone.
A career promotion is a testament to an individual’s hard work and success. What does success look like at Protiviti? Let’s meet Jonathan.
Protiviti Promotion Spotlight: Jonathan
- Path to Protiviti: “I interned with Protiviti while getting my Masters in Information Systems Management from Arizona State University. Before Joining Protiviti full-time in the New York office, I spent two years as an Information Security Auditor at Goldman Sachs, focusing on Vendor Reviews, Network Assessments, and Application reviews.”
- Current Area of Focus: “I work in our Internal Audit and Financial Advisory solution, focusing mainly on Security and Cybersecurity Assessments in the Financial Services Industry.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “The main thing I enjoy about developing my career at Protiviti is the long term potential at the firm. As you continue to build relationships within and outside Protiviti, you really expose yourself to all the wonderful opportunities Protiviti has to offer. Management is always willing to help — executive management included — and everyone has a smile on their face. It really makes coming to work a pleasant and fun experience. It is also typically very hard to get client interaction so early in your career, but Protiviti gives you that opportunity. As an entry-level consultant, I interacted with CIOs, CEOs and other E-level executives at various clients.”
- Who has played a critical role in your development and how? “Managing Director Jimmy Armetta, Director Matthew Mueller, and Associate Director Matthew Poswolsky have all played an important role in my development. They have collectively listened to my goals and have positioned me with the opportunities to accomplish them. If I ever need advice on my career, I can always count on them to give me the advice that I need to make me successful, in both the short and long term.”
- What inspires you outside of work? “What inspires me outside of work are my children, golfing, and hanging out with friends. I enjoy spending time with my son on the weekend and taking him to sporting events. I love playing golf after a long day or on my day off when the sun is shining with my buddies. I also spend a great deal of time with my friends. People are what matters, and building those connections will come a long way in both your career and personal life.”
- How are you celebrating or commemorating this important career milestone? “I am celebrating this milestone by continuing to develop my skills and show my commitment to the firm by continuing to give back and participate in firm activities. I am grateful for this opportunity and thank everyone at Protiviti for positioning me to get here. I plan on celebrating with my family, friends, co-workers, and mentors at Protiviti.”
Congratulations to Jonathan and to all our #ProtivitiPromos!