As we kick off a brand new year, here at Protiviti we take some time to celebrate individuals who were recently promoted to new career levels across the organization. This month, we will spotlight many of those professionals through a “Protiviti Promos” series that will celebrate this career milestone. A career promotion is a testament to an individual’s hard work and success. What does success look like at Protiviti? Look no further than Nicole.
Protiviti Promotion Spotlight: Nicole
- Years at Protiviti: 10 years on January 16th!
- Path to Protiviti: “I always tell new recruits that I snuck in through the back door because I started my career as an Assistant Buyer for Macy’s West doing something entirely different. About two years into my time there, I had this nagging feeling that I was meant to be doing something else. I had gotten some exposure to Internal Audit through physical inventory audits, loss prevention activities, and the vendor contracting that rolled up under by Assistant Buyer role. That exposure piqued my interest so I started talking to friends and other Cal Poly alumni about the work they were doing. One of those friends happened to work for Protiviti. She referred me to the San Francisco office for an interview and the rest is history!”
- Current Area of Focus: “I work in our Internal Audit Financial Advisory solution within the Consumer Products and Services industry.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “The constant mentorship and encouragement to try new things! I’ve so enjoyed and benefited from the great balance of structure and guidance mixed with the empowerment to be innovative and take risks that we provide to our people.”
- Who has played a critical role in your development and how? “It’s impossible to name just one person…
- Managing Director Susan Alexander has been a mentor since I interviewed with Protiviti over 10 years ago. She’s provided constant support and encouragement as I’ve progressed through my career with the firm.
- Managing Director Keith Kawashima took me under his wing at a time when I was a new manager and really needed a new challenge to further develop my skill set. I’ve learned so much from Keith about Internal Audit over the years and it’s made me a better consultant.
- Managing Director Tom McClune has more recently played a critical role in my career with the opportunity to support him on a unique internal project. Tom is such a great example of a leader that empowers his people but is also consistent in offering support and recognition when it is needed.”
- What inspires you outside of work? “My husband and two year old daughter and the outdoors! We love the fresh air and spend as much time as we can hiking, biking, and skiing. That time with my little family enjoying the outdoors is always what reinvigorates and inspires me!”
- How are you celebrating or commemorating this important career milestone? “With some sparkling wine (my favorite) and a date night with my husband!”
Congratulations to Nicole and to all our #ProtivitiPromos!