Throughout the month of November, we are posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet Tina Bohn. Tina joined Protiviti in 2004 as part of Protiviti’s inaugural college campus class. She has a B.S. in Accounting and Information Systems from Loyola Marymount University. Also, she holds the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications.
Tina is now an Associate Director in the Los Angeles IT Consulting practice and a dedicated member of our national Oracle practice. She has over 11 years of experience primarily with managing and supporting ERP implementation projects, pre / post-implementation ERP design assessments, and ERP application controls optimization. Tina has performed numerous ERP reviews and assessments at large / global organizations. She has also worked with several Fortune 500 companies in a variety of areas, including: implementation project oversight; process redesign focused on operational efficiency, effectiveness, quality, and control; and operational and IT internal audit services
When we had some time to connect with Tina, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “Culture, People, Project Variety, Work Life Balance, Opportunity for Growth “
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “Impacting client change through implementing system enabled business process improvements which help clients obtain valuable results and efficiencies, including cost and time savings.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “Each IT project has its own unique challenges, which makes each engagement exciting, an ideal learning environment, and a memorable experience. Most recently, I managed a global ERP integration project. Specifically, assisted the client’s team in understanding the impact and potential risks of the client’s software implementation. As part of the project, we identified and addressed potential implementation issues, assisted with requirements definition / functional design of systems and modules that were implemented, assessed the client’s test strategy and plans, and provided recommendations to address and / or mitigate identified business risks.”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “Assisting clients in selecting and implementing system-enabled business processes to help increase efficiencies, streamline business processes, and optimize. “
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “My mentors at Protiviti include the leaders, and team members I work with. Additionally my family acts in a mentoring role for me — specifically my grandfather, who was an entrepreneur and successful business owner. He taught me solid work ethic and core values.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “Spending quality time with family and friends including: BBQs, hiking, cycling, swimming, and camping.”
Thanks Tina for being one of our Protiviti Women in IT spotlights! We appreciate your leadership and your valuable career and life insights.