Did you know? February is African American History Month in the United States. It is a time of recognition and honor of the contributions and accomplishments of the African Americans throughout history.
At Protiviti, we’re committed to building an inclusive work environment where every individual has the potential to succeed and where each person feels a sense of belonging. As African American History Month is celebrated, it is important for all of us to educate ourselves on the shaping of our history and of modern culture by African Americans.
Read more from our employees here.
How can you help celebrate?
- Follow the hashtags #AfricanAmericanHistoryMonth and #BlackHistoryMonth on your social media for important (and free!) insights
- Look for related events at your local library
- Visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture (Washington, D.C.)
- Spread awareness and education by sharing this blog, related articles, a favorite quote from an African American leader and/or insights
- Pick up a book as suggested by Xavier Ramey, CEO of Justice Informed, LLC, who recently spoke to our Chicago office:
|The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander|
|Civil Disobedience, and Walden, Henry David Thoreau
|The Fire Next Time, James Baldwin
|An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
|Winners Take All, Anand Giridharadas
Join Our Team!
We’re looking for more great people – come join us on our journey! For meaningful career opportunities and open positions, visit Protiviti.com/careers.
To Learn More – Follow Us!
To learn more about our company culture, be sure to follow the hashtag, #LivingProtiviti, on your social platforms.