We’re excited to welcome the #ProtivitiIntern class of 2018 back to their local offices this week! After a fun-filled week at The Intern Challenge in Orlando, FL, there is no doubt that this terrific group of 230+ interns is ready to hit the ground running. In honor of the return of the interns (sounds like the sequel to an amazing movie), I took some time to reflect on my Top 5 favorite things I learned about this class during their week of training.
1. Our 2018 Intern Class can pack 100,000 meals for the hungry in less than 2 hours and STILL manage to have an amazing dance-off. Their lively attitudes and efforts also helped us to reach a huge milestone in our i on Hunger campaign of 6 Million Meals+. Wow. You guys are the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all time).
2. We are an intern group that embraces individuality and recognizes that we each bring unique qualities to a team. This group needed no introduction to the theme and concept of “Live Something Different” because they are already living it! Here’s a collection of interns sharing the ways that they commit to living something different.
3. Protiviti cares, values and invests deeply in this program — and our interns love that. Our interns had the opportunity to meet our CEO, Executive Team, many members of our broader leadership team, 31 amazing facilitators and also spend time with the team that helped to recruit them.
4. We enjoy friendly competition. All we had to say was “there will be a winner” and this group was off to the races during the “Get to the Point” challenge on Night One of orientation. What better way to get to know your co-interns than by teaming up to do some wild & wacky things? There were lots of good laughs, lots of running around and one team that prevailed as our overall winner (Team Pirate!).
5. Red carpet? No problem. This class of interns cleans up nicely and knows how to work the red carpet. On the final eve of The Intern Challenge, the intern class took to the red carpet at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando and we had an absolute blast. Winners were named in categories such as ‘Best Business Casual’, ‘Most Likely to be the Next Executive Team Member’, ‘Protiviti Magic Maker’ and more!
As we look ahead at the rest of summer, I look forward to watching the interns grow, learning more about this amazing group, and seeing all the incredible work that they will do. This post is perhaps best concluded with a quote from Jim DeLoach, Protiviti Managing Director, who put on an amazing magic act for the group at the end of last week:
“You’ve got something special here and I encourage you to embrace it and stay in touch with one another.”
Cheers to the best summer yet!