On October 6, American Banker will host its 14th annual “The Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance” awards dinner. Protiviti is proud to be the exclusive Platinum Sponsor and to celebrate this milestone achievement with executives and leaders from some of our clients!
To gear up for this momentous moment, we are going to spend the month of September spotlighting a few #ProtivitiWomenInFSI and their unique stories. Next up in our series is Lauren!
- What was your path to Protiviti? – “I was drawn to financial services after working for the Securities and Exchange Commission. When I graduated with my Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2013, I decided to pursue a career in the financial services industry. I met an Associate Director at Protiviti, who later invited me to interview for a consulting position. It has been a great fit ever since.”
- What excites you the most about your work in the financial services industry? – “The most exciting aspect for me is working with intelligent individuals who inspire me on a daily basis.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in the financial services industry? – “The biggest challenge I faced was understanding that there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach. Short cuts are not sustainable. It is rewarding to partner with a client to design and implement a customized strategy for their specific business model and risk appetite.”
- Who has played a critical role in the development of your career? – “Three individuals stand out to me within Protiviti. First is Chicago Managing Director, Michael B. for his methodology and approach. Second is San Francisco Managing Director Steven S. on his attention to detail. Finally, Charlotte Senior Manager Brendan S. on his advice and encouragement.”
- What advice would you give to both current and future women in banking to face the future with confidence? – “Take charge of your own development; act confidently, learn constantly, and be aware of how you portray yourself.”