Twice a year, we take some time to celebrate the individuals who were recently promoted to new career levels across the organization. Last week kicked off that celebration by dedicating some time to honor our recent promotions! Throughout the remainder of this month, we will spotlight several of those professionals through a “Protiviti Promos” series that will celebrate this career milestone. A career promotion is a testament to an individual’s hard work and success. What does success look like at Protiviti? Chase can tell us!
Protiviti Promotion Spotlight: Chase
- Years at Protiviti: “I will be celebrating my two year anniversary with Protiviti in September, although it hasn’t seemed that long!”
- Path to Protiviti: “I heard about Protiviti through the Career Resource Center at the University of Florida (Go Gators!). I interned in the Fort Lauderdale office the summer before my senior year. I was incredibly impressed with the firm, enjoyed the work I was doing, and worked with a lot of great people that summer. At the end of my internship I received a full time offer for after I graduated and it was a pretty easy decision for me to start my career at Protiviti!”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus: “I am in the Internal Audit & Financial Advisory (IAFA) solution and work in the financial services and real estate industries. I work primarily with banks to perform a variety of internal audit and regulatory engagements, but have also worked with insurance firms and large retail chains.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “I really enjoy how the work changes with every project. It brings new experiences and challenges. Working in various industries, with new clients and different project teams, allows you to learn a lot very quickly. To see how far you’ve come as a consultant in just a matter of months brings an enormous sense of satisfaction. I honestly don’t think I would have accomplished as much as I have in my short tenure at Protiviti if I was with another company.”
- Who has played a critical role in your development and how? “Protiviti has a great mentoring program established, and I have to give a shout-out to the Fort Lauderdale management team for my development. My peer and career advisors have always made time for me at the drop of a hat. They provide guidance, advice, or opportunities to get more involved in the office. In fact, every manager that I’ve worked with has had my career interests in mind and has always pushed me to excel. I still play over tips and funny mnemonics in my head that I received from review comments when I’m pulling together a deliverable for a client!”
- What inspires you outside of work? “To be honest I’m actually pretty lazy in most of my free time. I do love hiking, golfing, cooking, and fishing! I also love to travel; my girlfriend and I are slowly making our way through all 50 states! Of course I love to spend any time that I can with my family. They’ve always supported me along the way and I wouldn’t be where I am without them.”
- How are you celebrating or commemorating this important career milestone? “My girlfriend took me out to a very nice restaurant where we couldn’t pronounce anything on the menu, and then I bought myself a grill. Sort of random, I know, but I guess in a way I’ll be celebrating every time I fire up the grill!”
Congratulations to Chase and to all our #ProtivitiPromos!