Twice a year, we take some time to celebrate the individuals who were recently promoted to new career levels across the organization. This week kicks off that celebration by dedicating some time to honor our recent promotions! Throughout the remainder of this month, we will spotlight several of those professionals through a “Protiviti Promos” series that will celebrate this career milestone. A career promotion is a testament to an individual’s hard work and success. What does success look like at Protiviti? Let’s start with Victoria!
Protiviti Promotion Spotlight: Victoria
- Years at Protiviti: “I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary!”
- Path to Protiviti: “I received a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Master’s degree in Accounting with an IT Concentration from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. I was hired as a campus hire and began full time after graduation.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus: “I work in Internal Audit Financial Advisory with a focus on technology.”
- What do you enjoy about building your career at Protiviti? “Building my career at Protiviti has allowed me to expand my personal and professional relationships globally. I began my career in the Chicago office but have since moved to our Sydney office. Working at Protiviti has also allowed me to work on very diverse clients / industries from globally recognized sports brands to manufacturing to financial services to software development.”
- Who has played a critical role in your development and how? “I’ve had numerous people play critical roles in my development at Protiviti. In my first few years, Seth, now an Associate Director, and Ari, now a Managing Director, played the biggest roles. Seth started as my “buddy” and from there became my mentor. He helped guide me in everything from the administrative pieces to client work. He provided the pathways to help me with whatever task might present itself and made sure I had the right tools available to achieve my goals. Ari also played a major role in my development. I found him difficult to impress but only because he had such high standards for his consultants. This drove me to want to work harder to make every detail count. I have been able to leverage his feedback throughout the years and it has helped me to become an even better auditor. A third person who has also played a big role in my development is Ewen, a Managing Director. Since moving to Sydney, Ewen has pushed me outside of my comfort zone and into an agile environment. Using his guidance and support, I’ve found my confidence and intellect to grow at my clients, which has been a big help in achieving my current status of Manager.”
- What inspires you outside of work? “Outside of work, I enjoy hiking, snorkeling and traveling. Really anything that gets me outside and experiencing new things whether it be a new city that I’ve never explored or a new activity that I haven’t tried before.”
- How are you celebrating or commemorating this important career milestone? “Although it was not intentionally planned to align with the promotion, I will be traveling across Europe for a few weeks and will be celebrating this career milestone there.”
Congratulations to Victoria and to all our #ProtivitiPromos!