Here at Protiviti, we believe in the power of a strong mentor. Someone who can help shape and guide your career, be your advocate and cheerleader for those big professional goals, and act as a role model to craft your professional story. That’s why each of our campus hires, including our interns, receives multiple mentors at different levels within the company.
This week, we are celebrating our Executive Advisors and the role they play in our interns’ experience. Next up in our series is Jordan!
- Years at Protiviti– “14 years.”
- Path to Protiviti– “I graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelors in Management Information Systems. I started my career with Arthur Andersen, worked for about a year at a technology start-up, then returned to Arthur Andersen prior to transitioning to Protiviti.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus– “I work in Internal Audit & Financial Advisory solution and have had the opportunity to work across industries over the years.”
- Why is being a mentor important to you?– “A number of individuals have taken interest in my career over the years and played a huge role in creating opportunities for me. Creating an organization that is stronger than what we started with is important to me and I really enjoy seeing people advance over time.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have had as a mentor or mentee?– “In 2004, I transferred from Dallas to Houston and was a little worried about not knowing the team in Houston like I did in Dallas. Those concerns were quickly addressed in meeting with the Houston MD who served as my career advisor.”
- What is one piece of advice you’d give our interns?– “It’s pretty easy to be successful at Protiviti – just work hard and maintain a positive attitude.”