Here at Protiviti, we believe in the power of a strong mentor. Someone who can help shape and guide your career, be your advocate and cheerleader for those big professional goals, and act as a role model to craft your professional story. That’s why each of our campus hires, including our interns, receives multiple mentors at different levels within the company.
This week, we are celebrating our Executive Advisors and the role they play in our interns’ experience. Next up in our series is Barb!
- Years at Protiviti – “Since our inception in May 2002”
- Path to Protiviti– “I graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a Business Economics degree with an emphasis in Accounting. I worked in Internal Audit at First Interstate Bank before starting at Arthur Andersen. I was with Arthur Andersen for 11 years and left as a Senior Manager on the attest side, focused in the Financial Services industry before starting at Protiviti.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus – “I work on the Financial Services side of Internal Audit and Financial Advisory solution.”
- Why is being a mentor important to you?– “In life, everyone needs coaches and interaction/insight from those who have been down the path previously. In order for our firm to succeed, our people need to be successful – and success in the workplace is influenced by providing the right leadership and guidance.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have had as a mentor or mentee? – “I find meaning in seeing that I have truly helped guide a mentee through a challenging moment or decision. If I can help instill the right level of confidence in a mentee so they can meet a challenge head on, that is meaningful to me.”
- What is one piece of advice you’d give our interns? – “Be yourself, be inquisitive, be proactive. Learn as much as you can during your experience, as this learning will help guide your future career decisions.”