Here at Protiviti, we pride ourselves on giving our people the opportunity to shape their own careers. From travel, to project experiences, to flexible work arrangements, we work hard to ensure each person who walks through our doors has a meaningful and impactful career. This week, we are featuring 5 of our own. They started their careers as a #ProtivitiIntern but have since moved over to Campus Recruiting.
In the final day of our series, we’d like to feature our newest “Intern Turned Recruiter”, Candace, who will officially transfer from Consultant to Recruiter on Monday! Please welcome to our team, “Intern Turned Recruiter”, Candace!
- What is your background? – “I graduated from the Certified Internal Audit program at Louisiana State University (Geaux Tigers!) in 2014 with a degree in Finance.”
- What year were you a #ProtivitiIntern? “I interned in Houston the summer of 2013.”
- What is one of your favorite intern memories? “Honestly, I loved how my project teams didn’t treat me like an intern. They treated me as a consultant. Everyone was always very professional, but I also loved how everyone genuinely enjoyed each other outside of work as well. It really made for a great experience!”
- What was your path in moving from a #ProtivitiIntern to a Campus Recruiter? “I was working as an Internal Audit Financial Advisory consultant in San Francisco and was participating in various recruiting activities when I realized how much I loved recruiting and being involved in the operations side of the company. I reached out to an “Intern Turned Recruiter” from the Chicago office and picked his brain about his transition and experience. After about a year passed, he let me know that the role became available in the SF office. I talked with HR about my interest and interviewed for the role. Now I’m here!”
- What is your favorite part of being a Campus Recruiter? “Here at Protiviti we pride ourselves on our people. I love being a part of a team that recruits the best people and has such a huge impact on the business!”
- What is one important lesson you have learned during your time at Protiviti? “As an intern, I learned that it was okay to ask questions. If you have a question, you’re probably not the only one! Plus, we have amazing resources who want to help you succeed.”