Here at Protiviti, we pride ourselves on giving our people the opportunity to shape their own careers. From travel, to project experiences, to flexible work arrangements, we work hard to ensure each person who walks through our doors has a meaningful and impactful career. This week, we are featuring 5 of our own. They started their careers as a #ProtivitiIntern but have since moved over to Campus Recruiting.
Next up in this series, our SoCal ray of sunshine, Alex!
- What is your background? “I graduated from the University of Arizona in December 2014 with a BS in Accounting. As a consultant I worked on airline clients, consumer products and homebuilders doing Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and Internal Audit projects”
- What year were you a #ProtivitiIntern? “I was actually an intern twice – Summer 2013 and Summer 2014.”
- What is one of your favorite intern memories? “One of my favorite intern memories was going to Cancun and New York City back to back weeks for my client. It was so cool that I got to work internationally as an intern and with an amazing group of intelligent women from the Phoenix office.”
- What was your path in moving from a #ProtivitiIntern to a Campus Recruiter? “As an intern, I started recruiting at the University of Arizona the first chance I got. I attended every event possible and presented in front of my peers during Protiviti classroom presentations. As a full-time consultant, I expressed at an early stage that recruiting was my passion. I helped plan the Phoenix Summer Leadership Conference. I also attended and volunteered at the LA Summer Leadership Conference while I was visiting the office. After transferring from Phoenix to LA in November 2015, a campus recruiting coordinator position opened up. This was my window of opportunity to get my dream job and the rest was history. Best decision I have ever made, second to joining Protiviti!”
- What is your favorite part of being a Campus Recruiter? “Allowing students to build the career they have dreamed of after graduation and encouraging them to always continue to learn and grow from their experiences.”
- What is one important lesson you have learned during your time at Protiviti? “During your first couple of years in any professional career, never say no! You never know what experience might be life changing or eye opening!”