Here at Protiviti, we pride ourselves on giving our people the opportunity to shape their own careers. From travel, to project experiences, to flexible work arrangements, we work hard to ensure each person who walks through our doors has a meaningful and impactful career.
This week, we are featuring 5 of our own who forged a bit of a different path. Some have called it going to the “dark side” and others have called it “brilliant”. Personally, I call them my friends. These 5 unique individuals started their careers as a #ProtivitiIntern but have since moved over to Campus Recruiting. Follow us this week in a series we are calling – Intern Turned Recruiter!
Kicking off our series, is none other than our infamous NY Campus Recruiter, Katelyn!
- What is your background? “I attended Stevens Institute of Technology and graduated in 2010 with a BS in Business and Technology”
- What year were you a #ProtivitiIntern? “2009”
- What is one of your favorite intern memories? “My favorite intern memory was during my first client. My consultant lead was extremely helpful, and I looked up to her so much. I remember thinking that I couldn’t wait to get to that level, so I could mentor an intern myself. All of a sudden, she got a phone call from her Managing Director letting her know she got promoted to Senior Consultant! It was a great experience seeing how her hard work paid off and also how happy she was. To this day she still works for Protiviti and loves her job in consulting.”
- What was your path in moving from a #ProtivitiIntern to a Campus Recruiter? “After working within IT Consulting and IT Audit, I realized that I wanted to work from the operations side instead. A position as a recruiting/HR coordinator opened up, so I chatted with my HR Director, Maureen, and in January 2011 I joined the HR team. After a year, the New York campus recruiter decided to leave so I transferred into that role. It was the best decision of my career!”
- What is your favorite part of being a Campus Recruiter? “I love making matches, meaning when the student and Protiviti just know it is the right fit for both sides. Seeing the matched new hires and interns grow with the company is also a great feeling!”
- What is one important lesson you have learned during your time at Protiviti? “To stay positive even when times are hard or things aren’t going your way.”