At Protiviti, everyone has the potential to be a champion. A champion is an employee who serves as a role model or advocate for an initiative within the organization. Through our champions, we have been able to strengthen our connections to one another, to work more effectively, build a better culture and do work that is meaningful. Our champions are part of the reason Protiviti is truly a great place to work.
Being a champion is a source of pride for our people, and it is a clear way to have an impact. Take Shayla as an example.
Protiviti Champions Spotlight: Shayla
- Years at Protiviti – “I have been here 9.5 years.”
- Path to Protiviti – “I was recruited on campus at The University of Texas at Austin.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus – “Internal Audit and Financial Advisory, with a focus on the Energy industry.”
- What is your role as a champion? – “I am a Great Place to Work Champion and part of the Life Benefits team. My role as a champion in this initiative is to listen to what our people are saying as it relates to benefits that support our people in life outside of work. I then take those comments and create tangible and valuable action items that address the varying needs of our employees and their families.”
- Why is that role important to you? Protiviti? – “This role is important to me because it gives me a chance to be the voice and face of our people. The outcome will directly impact all of us. It’s an opportunity to get off the sidelines and dive into topics that I truly care about. The entire Great Places to Work initiative is important to Protiviti because it is an instance where a dedicated team has been assembled to focus on bettering our work experience.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have experienced as a champion? – “Working with the Managing Directors at the Managing Director Conference really showed me that people at all levels of our company are taking this initiative seriously. They were excited to be a part of the discussion. This led to some really great, out-of-the-box ideas, and it was also a reminder that we work with such creative and enthusiastic leaders.”
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish in your role as a champion? – “I want to help drive positive change within our company. The recommendations that the Great Place to Work Champions presented to the Executive Team all started with comments from the broader employee community. I am excited to be the driver of new ideas and to see them through.”