At Protiviti, everyone has the potential to be a champion. A champion is an employee who serves as a role model or advocate for an initiative within the organization. Through our champions, we have been able to strengthen our connections to one another, to work more effectively, build a better culture and do work that is meaningful. Our champions are part of the reason Protiviti is truly a great place to work.
Being a champion is a source of pride for our people, and it is a clear way to have an impact. Take Tomoko as an example.
Protiviti Champions Spotlight: Tomoko
- Years at Protiviti– “11years (2003-2010/ 2013-current)”
- Path to Protiviti – “Worked for EY in Seattle/Portland then joined Protiviti’s Portland office in 2003. I transferred to Tokyo in 2005, took a break from my career between 2010 and 2012 to live in Switzerland for family reasons, and then came back in 2013.”
- Current Solution and/or Industry focus– “I am in the Internal Audit and Financial Advisory solution and lead the Healthcare Life Science Industry in Japan.”
- What is your role as a champion? – “I am involved in our women’s initiative and I think of my role as helping women find balance between their careers and personal life and advance their careers with confidence.”
- Why is that role important to you? Protiviti? – “I feel very fortunate to have the work environment and the career that I have. There has always been great role models and mentors who guided me. I would like to do the same for younger generations.”
- What is one meaningful moment you have experienced as a champion? – “Through our focus on women’s initiatives, I saw powerful changes happen to many of my coworkers and myself. We became more confident to speak up, negotiate and apply for challenging positions.”
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish in your role as a champion? – “Continue to build a wonderful culture, connect newcomers and grow together.”