It’s the most wonderful time of the year right? Protiviti happens to think so! Protiviti offices all over are coming up with creative and new ways to celebrate the holiday season and give back to others! Here are just a few of the events that have taken place, exemplifying exactly why Protiviti is one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK!
One of the best things about the holiday season is the holiday parties! No matter what events are going on in the office during the next few weeks, nothing is as fun as getting together with all of your co-workers for a night on the town! Each Protiviti office plans its holiday party a bit differently, but each is just as fun!
- Starting it off down South, Dallas celebrates the holidays at Perot Museum where they indulge in a night of good food, great drinks and a lot of dancing!
- The Charlotte office celebrated their holiday party at a local restaurant, with colorful lights strung all around the patio and a “As Seen On TV” white elephant gift exchange.
- The Bay Area held their soiree at the Victory Hall and Parlor in San Francisco with over 135 guests in attendance! Superlative awards including Rookie of the Year, Best Team Player and Office Chatterbox are given out to the deserving individuals.
- Orlando takes a whole different approach to their holiday festivities, attending the Citrus Bowl in downtown Orlando. The event starts off with a tailgate before heading to the Cure bowl for a concert with Joe Nicolas followed by a kickoff between an American Athletic Conference vs. Sunbelt Conference football team.
- Keeping with the competitive theme, Cincinnati and Indianapolis will be replaying their Town Hall scavenger hunt highlights while drinking festive cocktails at a local art gallery.
- A scavenger hunt isn’t the only game that Protiviti employees play during the holidays, Cleveland is hosting their holiday party at an arcade or as some may say “Chuckie Cheese for grown-ups” where they will have an abundance of games to choose from!
- Atlanta, Tampa, Pittsburgh and Kansas City will all be holding holiday party dinners where employees can really get the chance to eat, drink, and catch up with co-workers and their significant others!
- New York as well as Chicago will also be having a formal holiday party! New York will be celebrating at the Marriot Marquee in Times Square the first weekend in February. The party will include a live band, good food, amazing drinks and even better company. Chicago will be holding a similar event the night before at Carnivale, a Latin fusion restaurant where Chicago employees will enjoy great food, dancing and of course some beverages!
- Minneapolis on the other hand creates their own amazing meals to celebrate the holidays, each year the office has their holiday party at a local cooking school bringing the teamwork to a whole new level!
Not only does Protiviti know how to have a good time, we also make giving back to our communities a priority. This season, our offices have been working hard to make the holidays a little brighter for those who are less fortunate.
- This year, the Houston office decided to do something active to avoid gaining those extra holiday pounds. They got a team together to participate in the 2015 Rudolph 5K Fun Run and Dasher 10K to raise money for the Firefighters Helping Firefighters organization. For those who are not as athletically inclined, they also adopted several families from the Wesley Community Center and formed teams to handle the shopping, wrapping, and delivery of these gifts.
- The other office in the Lone Star State, Dallas, is participating in the good ole Salvation Army Angel Tree Drive. They are getting together gifts for kids and the elderly.
- In St. Louis they also help provide gifts for families in need; the office brings competition into the mix by forming teams to see who can bring in the most donations.
- The Charlotte office enjoyed some vino at Betsy’s Wine and Design night where they made holiday decorations for the Ronald McDonald House out of recycled magazines. Shout out to the Green Committee for encouraging us to be more environmentally friendly!
- The Bay Area holiday party will include a raffle where all proceeds are donated to a non-profit that focuses on bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
- Down in Tampa, Florida the office is also partnering with the Ronald McDonald house to bring gifts and holiday cheer to those staying with the organization. In addition, they are doing a toy drive for the Boys and Girls club of Tampa Bay.
- In Kansas City, the office is partnering with the Kaw Valery Center to do their Holiday Heroes program.
- DC is putting a fun spin on things this year with Trivia and Charity in style. Employees will wear festive/ugly sweaters and play competitive trivia. The event includes a donation to a local women’s shelter.
- So what is going on in the Windy City, you ask? This year Chicago is partaking in the Bethel Holiday Spirit Program. Volunteers donate time, money, and gifts to individuals and families during the holiday season. This year they will be supporting individuals through the new Holiday Spirit Program at Bethel New Life, a community development organization on Chicago’s West Side.
- And last but certainly not least is New York City. This year they donated over 3,000 pounds of food to the City Harvest food drive!! Like the other offices, New York also participates in giving gifts to those in need through the Astor Services for Children and Family Toy Drive.
Hopefully that fills you in on all the fun activities taking place here at Protiviti! We hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday and enjoys some rest and relaxation after all of the celebrating and giving back that is taking place! See you in 2016!
–Sam and Katie