Throughout the month of November, we are posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet Jordan Moss. Jordan is a Senior Consultant within the Technology, Strategy, & Operations group of Protiviti’s IT Consulting practice, specializing in the firm’s Financial Services Industry clients. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Information and Process Management and a masters in Information Systems from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business. Jordan began her career at Protiviti as an intern in 2012, and returned full-time after graduation in 2013 to our Chicago office.
When we had some time to connect with Jordan, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “Based on my internship experience, I loved that Protiviti has a very entrepreneurial feel with small-firm vibes including a high level of day to day exposure to senior management and opportunities to get involved on internal initiatives and thought leadership development. Now that I’ve been with Protiviti for a couple of years, I have grown an even stronger appreciation for the company culture. Not only is it a very collaborative environment, it is unique in that it is the norm for everyone to come in to the office on Fridays in order to catch up with each other and attend internal meetings and social events as opposed to working from home. The people at Protiviti really enjoy working together, genuinely care about each other’s successes, and are always looking for ways to help each other out.”
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “I love that technology is always changing so our clients are continuously asking for help in solving new problems. It definitely keeps you on your toes and never gets old.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “I would say the biggest challenge I have faced is navigating complex business and political challenges at a client to perform an email migration. The business lead was averse to change and did not want to move forward with the migration for his team, causing the project to be delayed. In order to get his approval to perform the migrations, we had to create a customized migration plan for each user on his team. This was an increase in project scope, however we were able to develop a creative approach that allowed us to make up the lost time and get the project back on track after completing the migrations.”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “I definitely see Protiviti continuing to grow the security lab within the Security and Privacy practice, as more and more of our clients are using our services to proactively conduct testing against their environments in order to prevent becoming the subject of the next security breach. I can also see Protiviti expanding a larger focus on our ITC services in the healthcare industry as there have been a lot of changes in that space in recent years.”
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “Two of the people that have played significant roles in the development of my career are my peer advisor, Caroline, and my mentor, Vince. Caroline helps me with day to day questions and always serves as an excellent sounding board when I am faced with challenging tasks. On a more formal level, Vince helps me establish my career goals along with the necessary steps to achieve them, and he also helps make sure I am staffed on the types of projects that I am interested in. Their mentorship and support has truly enabled me to grow professionally and has helped me get to where I am today.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “I love spending time with my friends and family, traveling, cooking, going out to try new restaurants, supporting IU basketball, and playing with my dogs.”
Thanks Jordan for being one of our Protiviti Women in IT spotlights! We appreciate your leadership and your valuable career and life insights.