Throughout the month of November, we are going to be posting a blog series spotlighting Protiviti’s Women in IT.
Let’s meet Carol Raimo. Carol is the Managing Director responsible for overseeing operations in our New York office. As a founding member of Protiviti, she has been with us since the beginning, working for over 13 years in our IT Consulting practice with a specialization in ERP Solutions. Carol began her career at Arthur Andersen and brings to the table a wealth of knowledge, including project risk management, software testing and quality assurance, eBusiness risks, process and controls reviews, due diligence reviews, business systems readiness and reliability, post-implementation system reviews, revenue assurance, information security, agreed-upon procedures, and business continuity management. Carol has served numerous Global 1000, multi-national clients on both consulting and integrated audit engagements.
When we had some time to connect with Carol, we asked her the following questions:
- What attracted you to Protiviti? “The concept of it NOT being a Big “4” and the opportunity to make a difference in people’s careers.”
- What excites you the most about your work in IT? “It’s never boring and there are always new technologies coming out. Everyone knows that technology is everywhere and it is not going away. People need to understand how to manage all of the moving pieces. At the end of the day, companies are using technology to produce data and they need to use technology to protect the integrity of that data.”
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced working in IT? “Convincing people that technology is not a “black hole”. You do not have to be super technical to understand the processes that every organization should have in place to manage technology. The other issue is that there aren’t a lot of women who choose a career path focused on technology.”
- Where do you see Protiviti in the IT space in the next 5 years? “I think that a major part of Protiviti’s future growth will be from technology-related engagements. Our planet will continue to rely more and more on technology and we need to be prepared to help. Our clients will continue to become truly more global as enabled by technology. Amazon will have delivery of goods down to hours, rather than days…”
- Who has played a critical role in the development in your career? “I have had so many mentors in my life that have led me down this path. I could not have done it without their guidance and continued support. When I started my career, I was using punch cards to run computer programs….it blows my mind that we have devices that can fit in our hand or on our wrist to help us navigate through life.”
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? “I love spending time with family and friends. Whether on vacation, at dinner parties, or visiting our children at college. Life balance is very important to me, especially as I grow older.”
Thanks Carol for kicking off our month of spotlights on Protiviti Women in IT! We appreciate the time you took to share with others about your career and for your leadership in this important field.