On Friday, July 10th, 15 staff plus 5 interns from the Ohio Valley offices (Cincinnati & Indianapolis), along with 16 staff members from the Cincinnati Robert Half office, worked together on a Habitat for Humanity project in Cincinnati. The group of 36 helped build three homes! Such a rewarding experience! Some of the specific activities included the following:
- Measured / cut / installed foam insulation board
- Assembled and climbed scaffolding
- Lifted and installed walls to the 2nd floor and roof trusses above that
- Hauled building materials through the mud
- Hammered a lot of nails (and a few thumbs)
Habitat homeowners purchase their houses through affordable monthly mortgage payments, and each homeowner also invests 250 hours of their own labor building homes and other volunteer activities. Habitat for Humanity makes no profit on the sale. Our day was cut short with an afternoon thunderstorm, but we managed to log some very productive yet sweaty hours that made a tangible difference.
– Sherry Grimes, EA, Cincinnati